We are exploring reformed theology and living in community. Here are some thoughts and observations along the way.

Monday, April 07, 2008

A morning in Creswell

Donia and I decided at the last minute to travel after church yesterday to Creswell in order to celebrate our nephew, Samuel's, first birthday. The celebration took place at my parent's house complete with cake and my favorite, peanut butter frosting.

The whole family was there. It is always a blessing to spend time with them. We all love Jesus with passion and are involved with ministry. And we all have energetic kids. What a privilege to live this life!

This morning I walked over to the local grocery store in order to find some coffee and a place to read the Word. Ray's opened at 6am and the first customers were a group of crotchety old timers buying coffee and donuts. They then sat in 2 booths and begin playing some sort of coin game. it was loud and boisterous as all of them accused each other of cheating at some point. It was a good natured game...I wonder what I will be like at 70ish.

I was blessed to observe the relationship that existed between them.

I read in John 4 this morning. Jesus and the Samaritan woman. I was struck by how bold the woman was in asking Jesus about the Jew's insistence of Jerusalem being the holy place. I appreciated her candor. I am encouraged to be bold with the Lord. I see my need for continued knowledge of the word of God and how we "got" the word of God. I need to be able to concisely share with others the firm beginnings of the word of God.

Jesus, please lead me today. Make more like you. I pray for safety as our family travels back to Portland. And as we head into another week I pray that we would be able to know you more deeply. I pray that Jenna would make decisions to follow you! Please give Donia and I wisdom as we raise her and Owen.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Skip Laggin Downloads Using NZB Downloads You Can Quickly Search Movies, Games, MP3 Singles, Applications & Download Them at Flying Rates

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Newsgroup[/B][/URL]

About Me

Hillsboro, Oregon, United States
Just a guy in Oregon