We are exploring reformed theology and living in community. Here are some thoughts and observations along the way.

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

1 Lord, my heart is not proud;
      my eyes are not haughty.
   I don’t concern myself with matters too great
      or too awesome for me to grasp.
 2 Instead, I have calmed and quieted myself,
      like a weaned child who no longer cries for its mother’s milk.
      Yes, like a weaned child is my soul within me.
 3 O Israel, put your hope in the Lord—
      now and always.
Psalm 131

While ascending to Jerusalem, the people would recite Psalm 131 - why?

This morning I am sick and not feeling well at all.  As I work to go up unto his presence, I sense that the Lord would want to quiet my soul and give me rest.  He would like for me to be in a humble and contrite condition so that I am able to receptive towards his word.

Jesus, today i need to be strengthened by you.  I ask that you would strengthen me and give me rest.

No comments:

About Me

Hillsboro, Oregon, United States
Just a guy in Oregon