We are exploring reformed theology and living in community. Here are some thoughts and observations along the way.

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Dangerous Trust

...I gave orders for all of us to fast and humble ourselves before our God. We prayed that he would give us a safe journey and protect us, our children, and our goods as we traveled. For I was ashamed to ask the king for soldiers and horsemen to accompany us and protect us from enemies along the way. After all, we had told the king, “Our God’s hand of protection is on all who worship him, but his fierce anger rages against those who abandon him.” So we fasted and earnestly prayed that our God would take care of us, and he heard our prayer.
Ezra 8:21b-23

Do I trust the Lord with my life?  Ezra had made a declaration of who God was - and then he chose to trust the Lord.  He trusted God when it wasn't easy.  He trusted God when it was dangerous to do so.

Dangerous trust.  Will I allow the Lord to lead me into dangerous areas of life or ministry?  Will I trust him to be my salvation, my provision and sustainer?

I can choose to allow God to be who he is, or I could never take dangerous steps of faith.

Jesus, today I ask that you would fill me with faith so that I would be willing to take the steps that you are asking me to take.  I love you and confess that I need you and not just need you to stick around a bit, I desperately need you.

Today, I will launch forward into the assignments ahead of me with faith.  Even if I fell alone, exposed or vulnerable, I will move ahead!

No comments:

About Me

Hillsboro, Oregon, United States
Just a guy in Oregon