We are exploring reformed theology and living in community. Here are some thoughts and observations along the way.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I need peace

When Jesus woke up, he rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Silence! Be still!” Suddenly the wind stopped, and there was a great calm.
Jesus, I see your ability to calm the most difficult storms.  You are the bringer of peace to your people.  You said that you would leave us with peace.  I pray that I would walk into that peace right now.  I lift up to you the coming weekend - all of my doubt and fear - I pray that you would take it.  All of my apprehension - please remove it and replace it with faith.

I would like to be able to walk in a deep calm, even though the things around me are troubled.  Would you please give me the spirit of peace?

I love you and am committed to serve you today.  Would you please help the concert be a success?  Would you please help us to get people there?  

I love you.

No comments:

About Me

Hillsboro, Oregon, United States
Just a guy in Oregon