We are exploring reformed theology and living in community. Here are some thoughts and observations along the way.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A prayer for the day

Today - I desire to be more like Jesus.  I want to be more integrous.  I want to be more righteous with my words and my thoughts.  I want to be a leader in action.  I want to have faith and trust that God will do what he says I will do.  I want to be willing to sacrifice.

Jesus, I look to you today.  Thank you for your word which has spoken to my this morning.  I know that you love me and care for me.  I know that you have enough grace to cover my sin and shame and that you and I will be in relationship forever.

Jesus, I lift to you my disobedience - help me to obey.  I lift to you my selfishness and indulgence - help me to be content.  I lift to you my stubbornness - help me to be gentle and willing to hear what others have to say.

Jesus, I give you my family.  I pray that Donia's back would be healed today.  I thank you for her - that she is such a wonderful woman.  I thank you for her strength and wisdom.  I thank you for the beauty that she has.  I pray that as we consider our lives together in 2009 we would follow your leading and wisdom.  I pray that we would always be able to look back with confidence because we have trusted you.  I ask that you would continue to paint our perspective - that you would firmly etch your way and thoughts into our minds.  When we stray, when we think we are wise, please show us our folly.  Jesus, please mold Jenna and Owen into the followers of you.  I pray that from an early age you would save them.  I ask that you would extend grace to them.  I pray that you show them how much they need you.  I pray that you would keep them from harm.  Please help them to help others, to care for others and to be willing to give their lives away.  Give Donia and I great wisdom and patience as we assist in their growth process.

Jesus, I give you my ministry.  I pray that you would give me great wisdom.  I pray that you would help me to move forward with vision and action.  I ask that you would help us find the right youth pastor soon.  And I pray that Winter Retreat would be fantastic.

May I ever be a bright and shining light for you.  

Your son...Isaac

No comments:

About Me

Hillsboro, Oregon, United States
Just a guy in Oregon