We are exploring reformed theology and living in community. Here are some thoughts and observations along the way.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Super (natural)

It is interesting how supernaturaul Jesus' beginnings are:
  • Virgin Birth
  • Angel appearing to Joseph to lead him to still marry Mary
  • The Magi from the east who saw the star
  • The dream warning to the Magi (not to go back to Herod)
  • The dream warning to Joseph (that he needed to go to Egypt)
  • The dream while Joseph was in Egypt (letting him know he could return home)
  • The dream warning that led Joseph to live in Nazereth 
I realize as I am studying this that I easily can forget how above everything God is.  He is not limited to the normal laws of earthly life.  Nor does he have to function in a way that makes sense to us.

Also, this passage brings alive the importance of prophecy.  Jesus' birth was foretold through the prophets, and these were not just simple or general prophecies, but were indeed specific.

I am challenged today to see God as bigger.  I am challenged to know him more fully.  I am challenged to let my expectations be larger than what is natural or normal.

God, would you please show yourself to me today?  I love you...

No comments:

About Me

Hillsboro, Oregon, United States
Just a guy in Oregon