We are exploring reformed theology and living in community. Here are some thoughts and observations along the way.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

devotions

What joy for those whose strength comes from the Lord, who have set their minds on a pilgrimage to Jerusalem.  When they walk through the Valley of Weeping, it will become a place of refreshing springs. The autumn rains will clothe it with blessings.They will continue to grow stronger...
Psalm 84:5-7

Joy.  I want to carry the joy of the Lord with me today.  I wish to walk with my eyes forward - trusting the Lord to fulfill what he has promised.  I know that it easy for me to become focused on circumstances or happenings.  However, I know that joy and contentment can only come as I am striving to see the bigger picture of God.

Jesus, today I will rejoice with what today is for me.  You have given me the gift of today.  I won't squander the opportunities I have to enjoy you - to express you and to give you more of me.

Thank you for the opportunity to be around the flag pole with the students today.  Thank you for the chance to pray with the students.  Thanks for the chance to connect with Mikey again.  I pray that you would give me chances to connect with him.  I pray that he might be drawn to you through me.  I pray that even though I might be inconvenienced or challenged, I would be one that gives you away to others.  

Thank you for the fact that we had more donuts than we needed.  It was wonderful to give away donuts to the students who were threatening a Satan/Hitler worshipping meeting next Wednesday.  May you bless them and draw them to you.

Jesus, would you make us a people of prayer.  Would you birth that within us?  Help me to be one who models that...and who pursues that with our church.

Jesus, I love you and am committed to you again.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Isaac,

Just this Saturday morning we had a great family time, talking about important things in life. And it is just great to hear Joshua talk and see his heart and ways. Truly he has grown this past year and again I thought, you guys have contributed to that too this year. So rejoice with us! You are doing a good thing. I pray that God will give you everything you need for the challenges that are ahead of you. And shurely, with the calling/challenge He will provide everthing you need (1 Cor 10:13). Greetings!

Isaac said...

Thank you Michiel...

I appreciate your willingness to encourage me - to express what it is you think and feel.

I continue to pray for all of you - may the Lord bless each of you and help you to find Him in all you do.

Greetings to all...

About Me

Hillsboro, Oregon, United States
Just a guy in Oregon