We are exploring reformed theology and living in community. Here are some thoughts and observations along the way.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Thirsty?

"Come!" say the Spirit and the Bride. 
   Whoever hears, echo, "Come!" 
   Is anyone thirsty? Come! 
   All who will, come and drink, 
   Drink freely of the Water of Life!
Revelation 22:17

Thirst.

We won't last three days without water.  Our souls are the same.  We have a need to be satisfied - to be quenched.  I would suggest that it is the same desperate longing that our need for water is.  We have a real need - a real hole inside of us that we try to fill with all sorts of things.  We look for approval from other people, we try to have enough fun, we indulge in all sorts of pleasures and at the end, always come up short.  Just as the roller coaster ride gives ninety seconds of reprieve from our mundane lives, so do our hopes at being satisfied.

There is only one who can satisfy this thirst.  There is only one who can truly fill the void.

"Is anyone thirsty?  Come!"

Jesus, today I choose to be a carrier of your water.  I choose to be one who brings the bowl of your living water to those around me.  I choose to be your hands and feet.  I choose to be one who carries committed and sacrificial love to all in my life.

I pray that you would equip me to accomplish what I set out today to accomplish.  I ask that you would give me strength, courage and patience.  I pray that I would be an active listener - even when it isn't convenient or easy.

Make me your instrument today.

No comments:

About Me

Hillsboro, Oregon, United States
Just a guy in Oregon