We are exploring reformed theology and living in community. Here are some thoughts and observations along the way.

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Your people are saying, ‘The Lord isn’t doing what’s right,’ but it is they who are not doing what’s right.
Ezekial 33:17
This morning I am struck with how much of a servant I am to be.  I know that the Lord is constantly calling me to deeper levels of faith and service to him.  I know that it doesn't stop when I have overcome one hurdle, or when I have accomplished one task.


It is an ongoing struggle to give him control.  I realize that he has called me to be in the place that I am - moving forward by dying to myself, dying to my will, my way and my perspective.  Jesus, please help me as I continue to move forward.

I want to hear your voice and truly respond to it.  I wish to be known as one who follows you completely and wholly.  You know what is before me now.  I ask for your wisdom, your direction and insight.  I am aware that you are the one who is arranging things correctly; that you are using the maneuvering of men for your ultimate goals.
Give them this message from the Sovereign Lord: What sorrow awaits you shepherds who feed yourselves instead of your flocks. Shouldn’t shepherds feed their sheep? 
Ezekial 34:2b
Lord, please help me to see my life as giving to others.  I truly want to serve and not be served.  I ask that I would be able to see all of my life in that way.  I know that you have places of signifigance for me...but those places are for your glory and use.

May I be a shepherd who always gives my life away:
  • For my family
  • For my "flock'
  • For my friends
I pray that this would stand out in small, real ways.  I pray that today I would find ways to connect with others where they are at.  I pray that I would be a good servant to my wife and kids today.  I pray that I would adequately shepherd the students.  I pray that I would be disciplined with my tongue, so that I build up those around me.

I give you this day.  I pray that I might glorify you with it.

I love you!

No comments:

About Me

Hillsboro, Oregon, United States
Just a guy in Oregon