We are exploring reformed theology and living in community. Here are some thoughts and observations along the way.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Don't let the Lord rest

Isaiah 62:6-7
"O Jerusalem, I have posted watchmen on your walls; they will pray day and night, continually. Take no rest, all you who pray to the Lord. Give the Lord no rest until he completes his work, until he makes Jerusalem the pride of the earth"
The Lord is speaking to me - that I am not to grow weary in doing good - in working to perpetuate the Kingdom. i know that it isn't something that I have to create - for the Lord is the "Lord of the Harvest." But, he does call me to be an active participant with what he is doing. I am to be a sower. And the more I sow, the more others have the opportunity to grow. My sowing will "give the Lord no rest."

Jesus, I pray that today you would renew me with strength that comes from your Spirit alone. After a long journey this summer, I am physically weary, but I pray that you would renew me spiritually so I may be able to sow more.

Today, I am all yours.


No comments:

About Me

Hillsboro, Oregon, United States
Just a guy in Oregon