We are exploring reformed theology and living in community. Here are some thoughts and observations along the way.

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Speak Out

Psalm 107:2
Has the Lord redeemed you? Then speak out! Tell others he has redeemed you from your enemies!
Jesus, thank you for your life given that I may be able to have life now and eternally. you have redeemed me! You have given me purpose, hope and opprtunity to be partnered with you. Thank you for taking my shame, pain and failure upon your shoulders so I might have life and have it in abundance.

What have been my enemies? I am my own worst enemy - were it that I lived with an oppressive king striking me so I would work, this passage might ring a bit different. But I read it so say - "tell others he has redeemed you from yourself!"

I am pitiful, sinful and selfish - but you invade all of that, you remove my tattered outward garments and are giving me a new heart, a new mind and a new purpose - one that shines true from the inside - from all of who I am.

Today, Jesus, I ask fo an opportunity to share of your great love. I ask that I might be able to share your love to Arielle, Bubbles, Micheal, Luis, DJ, Austin or Beanie. I also pray for another God-centered conversation with Cody. Lord Jesus! Please rule and reign today!

Psalm 107:43
Those who are wise will take all this to heart; they will see in our history the faithful love of the Lord.

No comments:

About Me

Hillsboro, Oregon, United States
Just a guy in Oregon