We are exploring reformed theology and living in community. Here are some thoughts and observations along the way.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

What now?

A friend has left.

Josh flew home to the Netherlands today.

I am sad.

Josh is a good friend, a lifter of the lids in my life and a great encourager to all around.

I honestly am having a hard time picturing what life will look like around here in Hillsboro and at Evergreen Christian Center without him. Yes, he has made that much of a difference.

For now - I am transitioning - the year of the European ID students is over. The time of my church providing lots of administrative help for me is over. It is now time for me to focus on the coming year - I need to become better at empowering others to ministry, need to have greater faith than what I have had before and need to give time and space for planning and vision!



Josh, I miss you already.

I pray that your flight is wonderful, that you catch your connection to Amsterdam and that we can work together again in the future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Isaac,

Josh has made it home! We are blessed to have him back and he has started to tell us about all the great things he has done and he has learned.

God bless you!

Michiel

About Me

Hillsboro, Oregon, United States
Just a guy in Oregon