We are exploring reformed theology and living in community. Here are some thoughts and observations along the way.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Loading the Food Trucks - Day 4 am

Today we had the privilege of loading the food trucks that go out for delivery this afternoon.

I personally love this sort of work. It reminds me of my days loading trucks for UPS at the Ontario Hub while I was in college.

The boys formed lines (like sandbag lines) and filled up 4 Fed-Ex trucks with pinto beans, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, lemons, tangerines, snow peas and grapefruit juice.

Our lovelies filled bags with lemons and tangerines.

It was a blast flexing our muscles, calling out the number of boxes loaded and watching those trucks fill up quickly. We worked up a sweat, but thankfully the LA sun wasn't too warm this morning. It was probably 70 degrees and partly smoggy...

After loading we were moved to the trash/recycling area to clean up. I also loved this - breaking down hundreds of cardboard boxes reminds me of working food service in college (before I worked for UPS).

We got that done with leftover time to help with cleaning the streets around the Dream Center. It was "fun" to observe who has worked hard at sweeping before and who looked as if they have never picked up a broom before.

Nicole was especially proficient with the broom! Her, Josh and I attacked the pavement with gusto!

All in all our team is wonderful! Everyone is working hard...several of the leaders around here have mentioned how much they are impressed as we work together!

This afternoon we will travel to South Central LA to work with the "Metro Kids" program. I am not clear on all of the details, but I know it includes tons of children and outreach!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Stuff Isaac! Good to read about that ministry and of course a bit prouder, knowing my son attacked a pavement!!

Greetings,

Michiel

Does anyone read these my little precious comments? Or are they like my only song that I ever wrote. After I played it for the Lord, I forgot how the song went and that was it.......

About Me

Hillsboro, Oregon, United States
Just a guy in Oregon