We are exploring reformed theology and living in community. Here are some thoughts and observations along the way.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Studying Philippians

This letter is from Paul and Timothy, slaves of Christ Jesus.
What is it to be a slave of Jesus?

Am I bound to him in a way that transcends all normal bounds? Do I consider myself to to a slave - really?

If I have a hero out of ancient history other than Jesus - it would be Paul. And through him I love Timothy. both of them have such a strong sense of who they were - and they both sacrificed so much in their effort to proclaim the good news of Jesus.

What will I sacrifice today? How can I be a slave today? I won't be in chains for the gospel as these men were - but how can I share in their slavery to Christ? How can I identify with the suffering of Jesus today?

No comments:

About Me

Hillsboro, Oregon, United States
Just a guy in Oregon