We are exploring reformed theology and living in community. Here are some thoughts and observations along the way.

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Philippians - Giving Thanks

...every time I think of you I give thanks to my God...
Paul always recognized the value of people. His awareness of the how precious people are did not spring from some desire to see an organization flourish or an an event to happen. He was simply cognizant of God's relationship to people.

In Ephesians Paul speaks of the God who loved us and created us before time began. As a result of this overwhelming love - Paul understood that people matter. People are important.

There are people in my life that I take for granted - sure they do good things and work alongside of me - but may the Lord help me to love and appreciate them for who they are first. May I never be known as a people user - someone who engages with people as if people were super-computers able to perform tasks.

Today - when I think of you - I will pray for you. I wil give thanks for who you are - not what you do or how you perform this life. May Jesus guide me. And guide you.

No comments:

About Me

Hillsboro, Oregon, United States
Just a guy in Oregon