We are exploring reformed theology and living in community. Here are some thoughts and observations along the way.

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Special Favor - Philippians

You share with me the special favor of God, both in my imprisonment and in defending and confirming the truth of the Good News.
Or as the NASB says:
you all are partakers of grace with me.
We love to feel good. We long to get to places of life that are easy - and in those times we are most likely to talk about the favor and grace of the Lord.

Not for Paul.

Paul talks about the grace of the Lord while he is in chains. And he - in a single breath - ties his own circumstance to that of the people of Philippi - they weren't in chains as he was - but Paul was convinced of the grace and favor of the Lord regardless of circumstance.

In my own life I am seeing where I have been walking the the special grace of the Lord - when I might have so easily walked through this season seeing it as a test of the Lord and not a specific blessing from Him. May I learn to be more like Paul. May I learn to see and walk in the special grace of the Lord - regardless of what that circumstance.

Evergreen Christian Center rocks. THRIVE rocks! IGNITE rocks! May we continue to press into what the Lord has for each of us!

No comments:

About Me

Hillsboro, Oregon, United States
Just a guy in Oregon