We are exploring reformed theology and living in community. Here are some thoughts and observations along the way.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Overflowing love - Philippians

...I pray that your love would overflow more an more, and that you will keep on growing in knowledge and understanding...
Philippians
Sometimes I like to float through life without learning and growing.

A situation presented itself last night that reminded me of how much I need to learn. One of the major projects I oversee has some major holes in it.

Ouch.

But, today I am positioning myself in humility - I declare openly that I have everything to learn. I want to grow in my knowledge of Christ - but also I need and want to grow in my knowledge of ways to represent his excellence in all that I do.

Yes, even my work projects.

As an overseer I am charged with doing things in a way that support and grow people. People don't grow when they haven't been set up for success.

Jesus - I need you today. Please give me knowledge!

No comments:

About Me

Hillsboro, Oregon, United States
Just a guy in Oregon